Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 13,488. Welcome to our newest member, Robertatkinsontattoo
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 05-17-2017, 05:51 PM
Copper

Default Compressor regulator

Hello everyone,

I've just started learning hand engraving in traditional method and came across AirGraver. I've already got a small compressor for airbrush and it has regulator on it. Would I still need regulator/connector kit from Lindsay's to operate graver? I am contemplating on palm control just so it'll be good in long run but quite pricy as a beginner.(Not to mention custom charge for uk....)

(I had a quick search but sorry if there was same question asked before)
Old 05-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Compressor regulator

Hi Nori, Is it one of those airbrush compressor without a tank and that outputs around 30psi? Look for one with at least a 1/3 or 1/2 gallon or larger thank and that will reach 70psi or higher.

With the PalmControl you would want the single PC regulator for $79. It is setup with an on/off toggle for turning the PC on and off, a quick connect fitting for attaching the PalmControl handpiece tubing to it and around 10 foot of hose for attaching to your compressor.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:38 PM
Copper

Hi Steve, thank you for your reply. The compressor is small but does have air tank. Not sure about pressure as I got it quite long time ago but will look in to it.

I see convenience having switch at regulator, but is it going to cause problem if I just turn whole thing off instead? Also how come there's 2 regulator connected next to each other??
Old 05-20-2017, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Hi Nori,
The two regulator setup is for the idle circuit that is tied in with the foot control valve.
If you mean not have a shut off valve but just unplug or shut off the compressor... then the tank in you compressor would empty . We could just screw in the idle needle valve between the regulators in to shut off, but then we'd need to reset the idle each time we use it.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:32 AM
Platinum

Hi Nori
If it is a single piston compressor you have it will give you 60psi max. whereas the pc needs 80psi maybe slightly more.
Get a twin piston with a tank and I reckon you will be okay.Move the regulator to the workbench in winter it usually collects moisture if it is on the compressor.It is advisable to have the regulators ,descant filter.the idle control set up all at the the bench.
Iwata are good compressors.

Welcome to the Engraving Forum

All The Best
SE