Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 03-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Gold

Default Some of my engraving

Gene asked on the who's who post for me to show some of my engraving and I thought it would be better to go here. The lock back with the swing guard and the vine filework is the first knife I engraved and the two bladed trapper is a knife I built and engraved, the second knife for me to engrave and the other ones are knives I engraved for Johnny Stout and Charlie Majors, Dwayne

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Some of my engraving

Great photos.You can see how much youve improved with each one.The way you did the bolster on the feather damascus is awsome.Flows so well.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Gold

Dwayne, I thought you said you were just a beginning engraver. These appear to be way beyond beginner's work. I like the contrast of the brighter metal amidst the damascas bolster, are these inlays? Your style of scrolls and especially leaves seem to be style of your own. I really like'm. Great job, keep up the good work. Gene
Old 03-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Gold

Thanks guys, Gene on the Damascus, before you etch with acid, you do your engraving, then paint what you don't want etched with fingernail polish, the polish prohibits the acid from affecting your engraving, then when you've achieved the depth you want in your etch, you just wash off the fingernail polish with acetone and you'll have the same affect. Dwayne

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Gold

Beautiful work, Dwanye. My favorite is the folder in the third photo. Your designs are really inspiring. The photography is also excellent.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Gold

Thanks Jim, That little knife has meteorite bolsters, and really gave me fits with hard and soft spots, the bolsters had been heat colored before I got it and Scott Pilkington said that that was probably the reason for the hard and soft spots. He said that he's done meteorite in the past and hasn't had that problem. Even with the struggle, I enjoyed it and was pleased with the results. Dwayne