Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > WaterCooler
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 04-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Steel

Location: by da' By-u, 'lebun & a 1/2 foot elev., near Beaumont, Texas
Default Freedom Alert: Blair-Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009

This was sent to me; I think most of you would be interested:

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.

This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

.It is registered

.You are fingerprinted

.You supply a current Driver's License

.You supply your Social Security #

.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

.There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it. (Did Obama promise transparency? It seems his motives are more and more transparent while his methods are hidden in back rooms.)

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe. After working with convicts for 26 years I know this bill, if passed, would make them happy and in less danger from their victims.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

Let's hope this proposed legislation isn't successful.

Ron Foster
Old 04-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Steel

Default Re: Freedom Alert: Blair-Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009

The good thing is that there is very little chance that this bill would become law.

OpenCongress Summary:
The Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act would establish a nationwide system for prohibiting unlicensed gun-ownership. If approved, the law would require gun owners to apply for five-year licenses to own firearms, and would give the U.S. Attorney General broad authority over the program. There are no co-sponsors to the bill, and there is very little chance it will be adopted.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Freedom Alert: Blair-Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009

Old news. Relax and take a deep breath. Ahhhhhh..... It has been kept wrapped up pretty tight and quiet due to the next round of elections. This bill will die in sub-"kommitee".

Over-zealous, radical, left-wing legislation like this simply stirs a little hysteria so that the compromise gun lobby group (the NRA) can appear to be diligent as it settles on a slightly more incremental version of the Clinton assualt weapons ban.

This thread should be moved to the Watercooler where it can be discussed ... hopefully without any gripes by those who take it upon themselves to moderate that area of the forum.

by the way .... if you don't want any more compromises .... join the Gun Owners of America.

Everyone, have a safe and trouble-free Easter holiday ..... and Passover weekend!!! The weather is lookin' better too.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Platinum

I agree Chris, they don't know what a fight looks like if Americans have to give up firearms...
Jerry
Old 04-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Steel

Location: by da' By-u, 'lebun & a 1/2 foot elev., near Beaumont, Texas

Thanks, Chris & Jerry; relieved to know a few of you are already aware
& on your toes.

Chris: I belong to the NRA, but will be glad to also join the GOA;
appreciate the link, good buddy!

But . . . most folks would be flabbergasted to know
how many gun users are COMPLETELY unaware
of the "whys" & "wherefore's" of gun ownership--& WHY
it's such a great privilege--& WHY the "left" wants to
ease it away from us (a little at a time).

Ron Foster
Old 04-12-2009, 01:01 AM
Platinum

Hi Jerry, yep, I hope you're right. If something like that ever happened though, those refusing to submit would all be labeled as part of some "domestic insurgency" or something.

Looks like my vacation this spring has to be pushed aside for work so it will be the engrave-in. No trip to one of the beautiful Florida beaches :(. Still can't wait though. It's gonna be exciting.

-----

Hi Ron, I do want to thank you for upping the awareness on this issue. The NRA lost me when they compromised on what was coined the "Veteran's Disarmament Bill". Congress doesn't even read these bills and went along simply because the NRA supported it. Only one senator stood up to rally support against it .... Tom Coburn of Oklahoma (if I recall correctly).

You're absolutely correct that most people are unaware. The rest simply don't care. .... and that's one "right" that will undoubtedly remain un-infringed as we travel down this road: "The right of apathy".

Catch ya later,

Chris
Old 04-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Platinum

Hey Gang..Don't forget to watch 60 minutes tonight..Leslie will be interviewing dealers from gun shows...sales of guns & ammo are going thru the roof. The last 3 shows in Chantilly people were bringing in their own handcarts to haul the ammo out the door...somthing I have never seen in all the years that I have been participating at the shows. Women are buying a lot of firearms also. US Ambassador to Mexico and Hilliary claim..that 90% of the guns in Mexico are coming from the USA. (BS)!!! The Mexican army and the police are leaving to join the join the drug dealers...that is where all the guns are coming from, plus Russia, China. All I know is I am going to protect myself and my family because the police are after the fact.

Yours truly,
JJ
www.jjrobertsengraver.com
Old 04-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Platinum

Hi JJ,

I just heard that .7% ... that's "point seven" percent of firearms used in crimes are acquired at gunshows.

Have you seen Bloomberg's "extra-territorial" propaganda on the boob-toob yet? He's evidently attempting to brainwash the sheeple into believing gun shows are to blame for ALL firearm related crime including the tragedy at V-Tech.

If things take a turn for the worse over there (to the left), your Yankee butt is more than welcome here in West Virginia .... unless, of course, you decide to stand and fight .... in that case, I'll be right over. A tour of the Confederate memorials at the Manasses battlefield has been on my to-do list for too long now anyhow.

Last edited by WVEngraver; 04-13-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: forgot the quotes
Old 04-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Platinum

Chris..If you ever decide to come down give me a call..be glad to take you over to the Battlefield I have a geezer pass, & visit the NRA museum, & for an extra treat I'll give you the Bobbit tour. Oh I hate to admit it, but I looked up Right Turn W VA on the map, and then I realized it was the title of a wacky movie.."Jokes on Me"

JJ Roberts
www.jjrobertsengraver.com
Old 04-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Platinum

Hey JJ ... ummm that's "Wrong Turn". No wonder why you couldn't find it.

Actually, it's not on any map but you'll know you've arrived when one of these appears in your rear view mirror ....

----------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Roberts View Post
The last 3 shows in Chantilly people were bringing in their own handcarts to haul the ammo out the door...

This just showed up in the Washington Times. If you're stocking up on some ammo .... you could be a suspected "right wing radical". Notice how the focus on "racist" groups is used to justify blanket surveylance. Possession of a hand cart in the vicinity of a gun show may constitute "reasonable suspicion".

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cals-on-right/
Old 04-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Copper

I don't own a gun, but I do have a genuine wakizashi and have practiced tameshigiri for years, after I became a Zatoichi fan as a teenager. Katana was always too heavy. Problem is I faint when I see blood. We do have the Cornish Militia here in my town, so I think I'll leave any eleventh-hour, forceful upholding of the Constitution to them. -Borka.