Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,738. Welcome to our newest member, nephilim
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Steel

Default Idea for an engraved watch dial

Just sharing an acrylic painting I did in 1998, I pulled it off the shelf a few weeks ago because I think it would be neat to do a custom watch dial and incorporate a custom case as well to flow with the theme.

I have done a couple of practice engravings, but I am not at a point where I am happy to share my lack of talent in that area yet.

I did these two eagles with the idea of how eagles mate, when they mate they come together in the air and will lock and free fall, and right before they hit the ground usually separate and fly apart.

I love to take natural wild life and conform an idea and an image in my mind to geometrical shapes that flow.

Hence the circle, yes some have expressed that this is a yen yang, but that was not my intention.

Dale
Attached Images
File Type: gif Twin eagles004sharing.gif (20.4 KB, 121 views)