Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Lindsay AirGraver Info - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Platinum

Default Where's the mad wasps

Just got my airgraver home friday. Was out this afternoon and picked up what I needed for the air supply hookup. An hour later all was ready for the test flight. Throw the switch and waited for the angry wasps or hornets I have read about. This little tool is unbelievable!!!! Having used a gravermax for a number of years I was waiting for the air leaks and chatter. At first I was not sure it was running, reread the part about getting started. Sitting there with the unit in hand I finally felt the slight vibration of the idle. Is this baby ever smooth. Made a few cuts, noise level almost not there.
I had to tell someone, the wife just looked at me and said that's nice dear. This tool is a dream, havn't pushed all the whistles and bells but damn Steve, you built one fine unit. Just had to say thanks. Now I can go back and make some more cuts. Angry wasps my ass.. :thumbsup:
Old 05-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Gold

Default Re: Where's the mad wasps

It's more of a happy honeybee than a mad wasp. And a quiet bee at that. Picture a busy bee going about its work, and that's Steve's tools. My wife liked the Burl handle. "But look at the finish! Even the little brass adjustments are clean, polished, and true!" "That's nice. I'm glad you like it, sweetheart." :D
Old 05-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Platinum

Send a message via AIM to Ray Cover Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Cover

Eric,

I was mislead at first by certain individuals about Steve's tools. Certain people told me about how it was hard to control and that the impact and speed was not separately adjustable, etc, etc. All of wich was total falsehood.

With my tenitis I welcome any noise that will drown out that blasted ringing in my head but alas no tenitis relief from an airgraver.

Once I had tried an airgraver, I knew I had been lied to intentionally to keep me from buying one. The fact is that few men want to stand up and bite the hand that feeds them. They all swear that they would never say something or stand up for a product just because they are paid by that company, etc., etc. We all know we can put those comments in the same category as, " No honey those jeans don't make you look fat." and ," Honey, its ok your hair dye didn't turn out just right, I like green hair."

That is why I will not take any monies from Steve for supporting his product at shows and such. I want people to know that I support his tools because I beleive in and like his product not because I am being paid to. It removes any accusations of my integrety when I tell someone that the Lindsay Airgraver with Palm Control is the best engraving tool on the planet.

Glad you like the new tool and also glad to share your enthusiasm.

Ray

http://learningtoengrave.com/
Old 05-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Gold

happy days .Steve knows his stuff."I had to tell someone, the wife just looked at me and said that's nice dear." that happened the same way for me.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Hi Eric,

Glad the tool arrived safe and you’re enjoying it. Keep us posted as you work with it more. Did you play with the stroke adjustment some to see the effect that has? Set the stroke short and take cut, then medium and then long to help understand the affect it has.

Thanks again! Steve
Old 06-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Platinum

Wink Re: Where's the mad wasps

Ray, I have to agree with you fully on Steve's tool. I have been using the GRS stuff too and now that I have Steve's I was going to put my GRS stuff down in the shop for show and tell but the more I think about it I might just get rid of it.

Neil:yesnod:
Old 06-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Platinum

Amazing what a "little thing" can do to your life.
Its like driving an MG midget and really enjoying the car. Then you finally get the Ferrari, and you go weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You can drive the Big F slow or fast - but fast is where it comes into its own.

Welcome to the PC club!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Platinum

Wink Re: Where's the mad wasps

I have been to four of the other companies schools and I think there two things wrong with them One they want to get new people there to sell them lots of tools before they find out there is something better and two, I think those type of ethics leave a little to be desired. Steve doesn't have this problem.

Neil:yesnod:
Old 06-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Platinum

I like my Lindsay tool very much, even if it does sound a little funny sometimes, hehe.
I have said it before, and I will say it again.
" The Lindsay is the best damn engraving device ever designed"
Closed Thread