View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Steel

Default Re: PalmControl or Airtact ?

Hello, all: I finally got to try a Lindsay PalmControl today. Special thanks goes out to Dave London for giving me the opportunity to try these unique tools. Initially, the PalmControl felt strange to me, but after a few minutes, I started to get the hang of it. The more I engraved, the more fluid my movements became. It was rather addictive, I didn't want to put it down.
I must sheepishly say that I was so engrossed with the PalmControl that I didn't even bother trying the Classic w/foot control. I figured that for me, going back to a foot actuated tool seemed archaic after using the PalmControl. I realize this is my opinion and everybody is entitled to one. I don't believe that any tool makes the engraver, it takes time, sweat and hard work to come up with the necessary skills to do this art form on a professional level. It is also my opinion that the intuitive nature of using a hand actuated tool will shorten the learning curve. It may not be magic, but then again, it might be the biggest advancement in engraving we've yet to see.
I also found in using the tool, even on a short first-time trial, that in a nutshell, I found the Lindsay PalmControl very much to my liking. Give one a try and form your own conclusion.