View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Lettering Engraving-Shaded line, need help.

Steve,
I cut my ugly S logo at a height of 9mm. However, if I want to cut a bigger one, maybe 1cm or 1.5 cm, how can I handle the wide cut? or I have to treat it as background and remove it or add some pattern to it? I look forwards to see how you cut the logo, I am really appreciated.

Actually I have save your excellent video to my computer and I see it again and again for this month. Thanks for your explanation and now I know more about how you make the cuts. I also try to have the wide cut in more than one pass as you suggested so as to make it wider or correct the imperfection. Below is my today's practice with most beginner's mistake-wrong spelling, I can't realise it until I upload the images to the internet. It seems the wide cut is better, I use your pre-grind graver for both the wide cut and hairline. I have cut the beauty stem of B and H from bottom to top. I found it is more comfortable to my left hand and it looks more better than have the cut from top to bottom, is this up to the engraver or there is some rules ? As I am still at the beginning, I can (and I want to) correct any bad-habbit easily if there is any.

I must say thank you again as you point out my big mistake in my previous engraving works. You are absolutely correct that I have use a thin 1mm brass plate and the plate is not flat. I will buy a hot glue gun later. This period I don't want to go out, my hand don't want to put down the graver...

Thanks again.

Zernike

Last edited by Zernike Au; 07-21-2007 at 10:27 AM.