View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Lindsay Maintenace

Hi Giordan, It is necessary to keep oil out of the bore and piston. The manual describes that if you notice the tool does not idle as fine as it used to or stopping, it is time to clean it. This is done by removing the handle, dumping the piston in your hand and using alcohol on a q-tip to swab out the bore, wipe off the piston with alcohol and reassemble.

Yes, with 3/32" square gravers in the Classic it can be setup for quick change without collets. If you would like to use collets though there are the quick change extensions made for the Classic. It is method 5 that I have included below from an earlier post about the various methods of holding gravers in the Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lindsay View Post
The Classic and PalmControl are already set up to do quick change without collets by only using 3/32" square gravers themselves.

Below are the methods in the manual about changing gravers in the Classic and PalmControl. If switching a lot, I use method #1 (no collects needed) or method 2 is also quick. For work on the knives I didn't change gravers very often and so I would use method 3.

1: Slip a graver in and out of the tool hole. Gravers are held from rotating or falling out of the tool hole because of the oring, yet they may be pulled out or pushed in easily. This works best with 3/32" square shank gravers. To prepare the tool, insert a 3/32" square graver and leave the setscrew slightly backed off from the surface of the graver. The screw acts as an index in this way and the friction of the O-ring in the front of the tool hole prevents the graver from falling out. Once the setscrew is set, it does not need to be adjusted to change gravers.

2. Utilizes a thumb screw for a more secure grip. This will work with any shank graver (round or square) under .133" in size. Remove the setscrew and use the knurled thumbscrew in its place. The graver can be tightened down for a more secure grip than #1.

3. The third way to use the tool holder is with a set screw and wrench. This will provide the most secure hold. It will work with any shank graver (round or square) under .133" in size.

4. The fourth method is to remove the setscrew or thumb screw from the AirGraver's nose completely, and just slip the 3/32" square graver shanks in/out. It is similar to #1", but with the set screw completely removed. The rubber o-ring is then all that is used to hold the graver in the tool hole.

5. Last method is using the quick change extensions for the Classic. They provide extra length for large hands or if wanting to get more use from a short graver.
EngravingArtist.com