View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 05:11 PM
Copper

Thumbs up Introduction and information request

Greetings to this beautiful and inspiring community,
My name is Daniel, and this is my first participation in this forum.
I am from Lisbon and I come from a tattoo background, I’ve been doing it since 2012 but been close to art in general all of my life.
It’s been some years since I participated in a forum so let’s see if I can still do this
I just acquired a classic engraving set after many many years of lust over these amazing tools. Finally I had the opportunity to get one and here I am-
I have already played with the universal point a bit, but I think I’m struggling now with understanding how to sharpen the other points (is this how they are called? Is it gravers?i suck at labelling and naming things that are not in my language. I’m sorry)
I have searched here, and I can’t seem to find a guide that just tells me how to do it. Mainly my difficulty is with how much to grind on each face of the template. How far? And how does this reflect on the cut that this point does on the metal? I’ve read about angles and measurements, is there a guide ?
I bet you get these questions everyday, it’s my first one so bear with me ! I hope I’ll be contributing soon
Thank you all and stay sabe everyone

Daniel