Thread: Second knife
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 08:53 AM
Steel

Default Re: Second knife

Hello Daniel, I am certainly a beginner when it comes to engraving, I am a Goldsmith, I worked 11 years in an artistic workshop, a place with a lot of energy, there they work mainly with wood and metal but other materials are also used, I always liked the techniques of embossing in thin and thick metal, the construction of pieces from other pieces embossed and then welded and the carving in wood, specifically the reliefs. I'll leave an image here so you can see what I'm talking about. The first time I saw an engraving was in 2015, one of Steve, on that date I registered on this site, but due to my work there was almost no time for engraving, six years have passed since then and all the engraving works that I have done are in my profile including the practices, there have not been many. As a result of the pandemic, I went to work at home and then I am dedicating myself full time to Recording, The knives of my last 2 publications are the productions since then, that is why I consider that I am a beginner although it may not seem like it, I have many things to learn about engraving, experimenting techniques etc. Regarding the shading, maybe I should have put some more shadow lines there, although it was intentionally to give more volume to those leaves, a few more lines would not have hurt, I certainly had my doubts about it. Thank you very much again, I look forward to moving from job to job.