Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 10-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Copper

Default Hello

Been reading for quite a while, and am very, very, new to this art form. Want to try it as a hobby. Have a "Hobby Shop" already set up, and work with hot glass and cold glass, do some casting and metal work, among other things. Also carve and paint. Shop is equipped with lathe, mill, glass lathe, 4 kilns, welder, soldering stations, Foredom tools, polishing/buffing equipment, lapidary equipment, including a faceting machine, and just about any other tool I could find.

Have not done any engraving before, but have been collecting equipment for a few months. Couple of things more needed, and I can give it a try. It wont be as elaborate as some folks have, but wanted to see if I liked it before I went whole hog on stuff to do it with.

So far have a Wild M3Z Microscope with twin fiberoptic wand lighting, about a hundred assorted gravers, Gravermax, Silent air compressor, air rotary tool, electronic rotary tool, a large ball vise and a small ball vise,tons of assorted burrs and bits, scrapers, burnishers, and other hand tools. The handpiece for the graver should be here this week. Using a 2 station watchmakers bench for this endeavor, and need to mount a bench plate, still, and hook up everything. Its kind of fun just putting it all together.

The knowledge you folks share here, and on a couple of other forums, is so great to have access to, and I have found the answers to almost everything I wnated to know, by just reading. Thank you all.

Boris
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Old 10-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Steel

Default Re: Hello

Bravo more people from my town to exchange experience