Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,739. Welcome to our newest member, S_Two
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 01-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Platinum

Hello folks. Well I've been away from this forum for quite some time. Funny thing is.....I really miss it. With all the projects going on and the hunting season it goes without saying that I've been up to my elbows in monkeys! I thought that I would share a few things that I've gobbled up on my plate for the past few months.

Thank you for looking.
PICT0089.jpg

PICT0090.jpg

PICT0092.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kolar pics0003.jpg (52.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Kolar pics0002.jpg (53.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Kolar pics0004.jpg (28.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg Kolar pics0006.jpg (34.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg Kolar pics0007.jpg (23.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg D551.JPG (36.2 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg D556.JPG (29.1 KB, 94 views)
Old 01-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Copper

Default Re: away for awhile

That is some very beautiful work!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Platinum

Beautiful work Rich, we missed you
Thomas
Jefferson
Old 01-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Gold

Very nice, glad you are back!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Platinum

Send a message via Skype™ to Daniel Houwer

Thats some stunning engraving rich
Old 01-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Platinum

Very fine work Rich. I recognize the gold inlayed superposed as a Felix Funken design. Did you do repair engraving on that one or have to replicate it from scratch?

Roger
Old 01-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Platinum

Thank you guys for all your kind compliments.
Roger, very good on the design catch. (For those of you that may not know which one Roger is speaking of, it is the "blued gun") There are not very many of these around. The customer loved that pattern so much that he requested me to replicate it. But if you study it closely you will see that there are some design changes. After studying a few pre-war midas guns, I noticed that they were all different in one way or another. I don't like to duplicate other engravers patterns but I will if I can't persuade them to go in a different direction and the originator doesnt have a problem. But in this case its impossible to get the great Mr. Funken's blessing. In addition, I sign my name on the firearm so that it can not be mistaken or passed off as an "original". It will just be seen as an "upgrade". There are too many phony upgrades out there that other engravers have done, not signed and have tried to pass of as originals. This is slowly distroying the market for original collectable guns. I hope that eventually more fine gun collectors will seek me out for my abilities and talent and proudly display them as a "Hambrook engraved" firearm. I will continue to use people like the extrodinary engravers on this Forum to inspire me and humble me to get to that point.

Best regards,
Rich

Last edited by Rich Hambrook; 01-21-2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 01-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Copper

Hi Rich,

I am the owner of the pre-war Midas pattern gun that you engraved. I haven't found your signature yet, where is it? I didn't know who did the work until I found this forum. I am delighted with your work, as you said, it is a tiny bit different than Funken's guns. Another question: can we get access to his dairies? The Browning book published some of his photos of his engravers and some of his work. I would love to see his comments on the pre-war midas pattern! Keep up the good work.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Platinum

Beecher,
Well don't I feel about stupid. After all that talk I made about signing the work I do and then I pulled a dumb dumb and didn't sign yours! As I told you on the phone today , I was hurried by the commissioner and I "plain Ole' forgot". I would be honored if you sent it back to me so I can sign it. As far as the "dairies" of Felix Funken, I am not aware of them. I do know the author of the latest A-5 book and when he did his research, he had to get special permission to enter and look at the archives in Belgium. I will do some asking around for you.

Best regards,
Rich