Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Gallery and Show & Tell - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 11-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Platinum

Default 6 back for Jeager Lecoultre Reverso.

Thanks for your comments

Last edited by rbaptiste; 11-23-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Platinum

Default Re: 6 back for Jeager Lecoultre Reverso.

Very beautiful work. I was telling Steve that I really love using the Palm control for the bulino/banknote engraving. I will set the tool so I am first pushing the tool like a push graver and when the point comes when the push graver start to get "tough" and caution must be taken the Palm Control magically kicks in and the cut can be finished smooth and with ease. Once again it is amazing. Thank you for your pictures and advice! I am glad to see that Steve's tool is sweeping the globe. Share your thoughts and experience with the great people over there.
Rich Hambrook
Old 11-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Gold

Default Re: 6 back for Jeager Lecoultre Reverso.

I'ts great to see what people write about Steve's palm control, just as it was the classic. When I first saw the palm control, it conjured images from fairy tales, its like he just plucked it rite out of a story book. I've only been engraving for a couple of years, thanks to this website and the people who contribute, I have been able to produce fairly respectable results, and one day aspire to be counted among the worlds great engravers. I dont know if you have thought of this or not, but its going to be hard to make a name, in the wake of men like Lindsay. I was just thinking; if the fella's going to kick my butt as an artist, the least he can do is engineer a tool to give me a fighting chance. If you catch this Steve, thanks friend, I hope to shake your hand one day. Jim