Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 02-24-2023, 07:23 PM
Copper

Default New Member

Hello Everyone!

I have been in love with the concept of Graving since 1975. That was also the year when I got the only gift I have ever received from my Mom's second husband. He and the Crew he road with have me a Honda CB 125. It was in great shape after they went through it and they even put a fresh black paint job on her. I figured out the clutch/throttle relationship in first gear in about 20 minutes. Once the guys knew I had the basics o.k. they all told me to take off and not come back until I ran out of gas! That night I was exhausted but never really slept. I was thinking about how to make my bike look cool. Over time I made that little bike look great. The only thing I couldn't do was engrave it to have the cool factor like a vast amount of the HD's had back then.

I have been fortunate enough to have owned 22 bikes over the years. I have built five of them in the last 20ish years. I am building my last one th year. I'm planning on engraving it myself. I picked up a nice set of hand gravers that were in a box in a lot of tools I won at a farm auction about a year and a half ago. I had no idea they were in the lot. I'm glad I found this site and after I do more reading and some time in practice I'm hoping to have the bike ready to take off for six weeks the summer of 24.

Of course that will depend upon if the politicians have involved us in World War 3 or not. 🍻🍻